Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Deepak Chopra’s 9 Principle's of Conflict Resolution

These are from Deepak and are worth reading because they can be applied to a relationship too.



9 Principles for Conflict Resolution and Peace Negotiations as follows:

1. Agree that you will treat each other respectfully.

2. Recognize each side feels victimized by a sense of injustice.

3. Be ready to forgive and ask for forgiveness.

4. Refrain from belligerence.

5. Practice emotional intelligence.

6. Recognize that the other side may have values different

from yours or foreign to you.

7. Don't make the other side appear wrong.

8. Refrain from bringing in discussions about ideology.

9. Recognize fear as a factor on both sides.

I think we can apply this to our relationships too. However, abuse is never a conflict to be worked out in a relationship. Abuse is to be stopped, period. A conflict is when two people disagree and work on a mutually satisfying solution--abuse is not a disagreement--it is a violation of your rights. Go to our main site to learn how to stop it!

4 comments:

  1. I don't want to resolve the behavior cause it doesn't work!!!!! I just want to know how I can get out with no money and 3 kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago, I would have shown these to my estranged husband and BEGGED him to think about it. In fact I did with similar things a few times. The result? I got abused worse.

    One thing I have read over & over & over is that abusers live in a DIFFERENT REALITY. While Chopra is absolutely right - no abuser in their different reality would see these principles as anything less than an attack on their very being.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful in how you use language.